consign with loop
how & when we accept consignment
**We are unable to accept consignment outside of the times listed as we are busy with other business tasks - like processing and selling your items!
You MUST stay in the store while staff sort the items you bring in, and take back the items not selected for consignment. Acceptance of items is at the sole discretion of Loop Kids staff, based on our consignment guidelines below, and the current needs of the store. We are NOT able to donate them on your behalf. Please give yourself about 15 minutes time to wait.
- We offer traditional consignment - 35% of the sale price of the items we select for consignment, is credited to your account after your items sell. We do not purchase your items up front.
- Items are to be freshly laundered and neatly folded into MAX 2 standard sized reusable grocery bags (NO boxes, bins or large garbage bags).
- You can cash out your account OR you can use the balance to shop in store and save 10% off your entire regular priced purchase (min. $10 account balance used)
- Pricing is set by Loop Kids. Pricing is based on market threshold, condition and original value of the item. We reserve the right to put items on sale at any time. Items are automatically marked down by 30% after 60 days on the floor.
- One drop-off per week per family
- Consignment Term is a maximum of 3 months. Terms will be shortened for items consigned at the end of the season. Items may be donated at any time at the discretion of store management. Unsold items are donated to our partner charities at the end of their term.
- It is the responsibility of the consignor to contact the store for payout of accounts (No social media account inquiries). Accounts that have been inactive for more than 12 months will be converted to STORE CREDIT, account balances are forfeited after 24 months of inactivity.
- Liability: We do not assume responsibility nor do we reimburse for loss or damage due to fire, theft, flood or for any other reason. All risk of ownership of consigned items shall stay with the consigner.
What items do we consider for consignment?
CLOTHES - SHOES - BOOKS
Seasonally appropriate (see below)
Clothing in CLEAN, EXCELLENT CONDITION sizes NB - 12
Shoes in CLEAN, EXCELLENT CONDITION size NB - 6Y
- Our customers love modern, quality, mid-high end brands - have a look through our online shop to see what we carry
- Small local/Canadian shops
- Items manufactured NO MORE than 4 years ago. Some brands we limit to 2 years (look for a small label inside that indicates the year and/or season)
- Items that are very gently used, and especially those pieces new with tags
- Swimwear (accepted year round)
- Dance shoes & leotards (accepted year round)
- Backpacks (accepted year round)
- Books (appropriate for baby - junior high age)
- Games (appropriate for children or the whole family)
- Puzzles (under 100 pieces)
- Cleats & shin pads
- Ski/Snowboard boots
- Halloween costumes & Christmas clothing (seasonally)
- ***CARTERS, OSHKOSH & CHILDREN'S PLACE: NB - size 6 - unique pieces, pajamas, swim wear & outerwear only will be considered; all items must be in Like New condition, or new with tags and no more than 2 years old
We DO NOT Consign:
- BRANDS: *This list is not exhaustive but includes the brands we see most often:
Absorba, And1 (Walmart), Athletic Works (Walmart)
Bruin Bear, Bum Kids, Canadiana (Walmart)
Cherokee, Circo, Disney Baby, George (inc UK)
Gerber, Garanimals, Jeaniology
Joe Fresh, Jumping Beans, Just One Year (Walmart)
Justice (Walmart), Kloz for Kids, L.O.G.G (H&M)
Nevada, Pat Pat, Pekkel, Please Mum, Sears, Simply Basic, Shein
Smart Fit, Tuffy, Urban Star, Weather Spirits (Walmart)
Wonder Nation, Vitamins
- Clothing/Shoes that are more than 4 years old - look for a little white tag with a manufacture date
- Clothing over size 12 & Shoes over size 6Y
- Toys of any kind
- Baby Gear (strollers, carriers, chairs, breast pumps, etc.)
- Furniture, room décor or bedding
- Safety items (helmets, life jackets, baby monitors, car seats, etc.)
- Undergarments, handmade items
- Items that are stained, ripped, pilled, damaged (broken zippers, missing buttons, etc.)
Our General Seasonal Guideline:
- Fall (think back to school - hoodies, long sleeves, base layers, lined pants, heavier fleece) accepted July - January/February
- Winter (snow suits, boots, mittens, snow pants) accepted late August - end December
- Spring (rain gear, t-shirts, shorts, light dresses, light & denim jackets) accepted February - July
- Summer (water shoes, sun dresses, tank tops, sandals) accepted March/April - July